Our client currently has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accounts Manager to join their team. With three direct reports, this role is responsible for the preparation of the group’s statutory accounts and the group’s statutory audit in conjunction with the Group Financial Controller (FC). Responsible for the completion and submission of corporation tax returns required for the group. To take the lead in all reporting and returns required by the ESFA and associated bodies. Responsible for the completion and submission of the group VAT returns and for working with the FC and tax advisors to continually review and implement policies and procedures to ensure VAT is treated correctly in all group companies. To carry out regular reviews of the subsidiary accounts and balance sheet reconciliations throughout the year to ensure all necessary transactions are raised and accounted for correctly.
This role is also responsible for the monthly and five yearly cashflow forecast for the Independent school companies and the academies and the tracking and recording of all money market transactions and money transfers between academies. The monthly and annual accounting for the Group holding company and to support the FC as and when required depending on the changing circumstances of the group and the Finance department.
Experience and qualifications required:
- Qualified in a recognised professional accounting qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA.
- Proven experience in a practice or similar environment where the preparation of statutory financial statements and associated returns formed a significant proportion of the role.
- Experience of preparing financial statements under charity SORP.
- Experience of completing ESFA returns and reporting.
- Proven technical ability in management and financial accounting principles and techniques.
- Experience of working in a highly demanding and dynamic finance department.
- Experience of working with senior management teams, using influencing skills to gain commitment and agreement to financial issues.
- Strong people management skills, with experience of managing and motivating finance staff.
- Very good working knowledge of ICT systems, particularly Excel. Knowledge of PS Financial is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Very good attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment with the ability to be proactive and strategic in their breadth of thinking and reasoning bringing new ideas and enthusiasm to the department as the group continues to grow
Please get in touch if you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to discuss the position further.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.