Working for a highly successful distributor, you will be joining the organisation to manage the accounts for the business, supported by an accounts assistant. Ideally qualified you will take a hands on approach, it is important that you are comfortable covering all the transactional accounts functions, and to provide advice and guidance to the board on their financial strategy.
Duties will include:
- Line managing the accounts assistant to ensure the full delivery of all aspects of their role
- Managing bank and currency accounts, purchasing currency as required
- Creating and overseeing the annual budget, updating this monthly
- Producing management accounts on a monthly basis
- Booking in deliveries, matching invoices to goods received and authorising payments for UK and overseas suppliers
- Managing payroll for 35 plus staff (this has been outsourced for 2018/19)
- Additional managerial tasks including negotiating utilities, insurances, medical insurance and liaising with pension providers.
You are replacing the accounts manager who has been with the business for a number of years, so it is key to maximise your time during the extensive handover to fully immerse yourself in the business and your responsibilities. You will have substantial experience working in a similar role, ideally qualified, and can demonstrate a track record in adding value to your previous employer. In return you will be joining a successful growing business in a key role.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.