An exciting opportunity to progress your career in Payroll has arisen with a market leading company based in Huntingdon. You will be joining the team as Senior Payroll Advisor bringing expert payroll advice and guidance ensuring an efficient and professional service.
You will be a key member of the payroll function and support in accomplishing the aims and objectives for the team, providing an effective service within the company and managing a portfolio of customers within the group.
- Manage all aspects of payroll with multiple monthly pay dates and differing terms and conditions, process data, edit and revise tables and reports where necessary.
- Utilising a high attention to detail accurately input payroll data, balances and reports whilst meeting required audit checks.
- Process statutory forms, including P45s, Student Loans, P60, and P11d’s and comply with the requirements for Auto Enrolment and Real Time Information.
- Apply statutory provisions including, PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay, Student loans and Attachment to Earnings Orders. Also calculate salary changes to include back pay, overpay, annual leave and ad hoc manual payments.
- Liaise with colleagues in HR to ensure any contract changes are administered
- Respond to enquiries and correspondence with statutory bodies such as HMRC, Local Government, Pension Schemes and third party providers.
- Understand the different customers and communicate effectively to ensure that customers receive timely, accurate and valued advice.
- As a senior in the team you will encourage positive team work, train and support new colleagues and deputise for the Manager in their absence.
- As Senior Payroll Advisor you will bring experience in Payroll and/or a Financial environment as well as a good working knowledge of current HMRC rules around tax and National insurance.
- Key to being successful in this role is a high level of numeracy and accuracy and the ability to lead by example.
- You must be organised, able to work under pressure and to strict deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
Your details will be reviewed by one of our Recruitment Partners and we will contact you again within 5 working days if your application is to be progressed further.