This brand new role, working for a dynamic family run engineering business based just outside Peterborough, Cambridgeshire is in addition to the existing team, and is available now. You will be working in support of the business development and sales team, to support in engaging extensively with the customer base, to translate enquiries into orders, and where possible upsell and cross sell additional products. It is essential that you have experience working within an engineering organisation in a role that relies on your technical knowledge to maximise the relationships with the customer. You could also have a degree qualification in engineering and be looking for your first move into this type of role.
You will be:
- Receiving and responding to customer queries, made by phone or email, and converting enquiries into sales
- Advising existing and potential customers on the best solution to their needs, and signposting them to other members of the team if they are looking for a more bespoke solution
- Engage internally to ensure you are able to keep your customers bang up to date on their order progress including arranging deliveries
- Proactively contacting customers to secure orders
- When possible, attending events and exhibitions to represent the business and engage with customers
- Updating and maintaining sales and marketing literature - a knowledge of email/direct/digital marketing would be highly beneficial to support the organisation as it continues to grow it's digital and social presence.
In return you will be joining a successful and dynamic SME that has ambitious plans to continue to grow. You will be fully supported as you transition in your new role but will need to demonstrate a natural sales ability, confidence in working with detailed technical data, and previously have worked within a customer support role. Experience working with motion control components would be the icing on the cake! You will be analytical, and a confident user of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- 25 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Free car parking
- Kitchen facilities on site