Our client, Wisbech Grammar School, is a prestigious and forward thinking independent school that prides itself on being a community that is populated by individuals instilled with a sense of purpose and passion. You will join the leadership team as PA to the Headmaster and Bursar and be tasked with taking responsibility for the smooth running of the leadership function.
You will have worked at Director and Board level within your previous position and understand the challenges of delivering support in this role and be enthused by the pace of the working environment.
You will be:
- Attending and minuting daily leadership meetings, weekly directors' meetings, and half termly full Board meetings to ensure robust delivery of the school governance and leadership agenda.
- Ensuring efficient use of both Headmaster and Bursar's time through pro-active diary management.
- Producing complex and confidential documentation paying close attention to tone of voice
- Planning and supporting School events.
You will have first class organisation and planning skills, be able to multitask and “plate spin” whilst remaining calm and professional is key to success. There is also room for innovation and creativity within the role should you identify areas and system that could be improved. You will be solution focused, positive and able to communicate and build effective working relationships both internally and externally. You will have access to sensitive and confidential information so must possess high levels of diplomacy and emotional intelligence.
You must be able to work flexibly to respond to the ever-changing demands of the school. Working hours when the school is in session are 0800-1700 with the need to be flexible around these to get the job done. Where possible working hours during school holidays are reduced to 0900-1600.
You will be joining a purposeful and expert team whose first commitment is to education and learning so you will, of course, be fully supported as you transition into your new role. Extra consideration will be given to candidates who are able to start their new role on 14 December to allow hand over with the current incumbent.
- 30 days holiday (5 to be retained for the Christmas period)
- Pension matched at 5%
- Substantially reduced school fees